Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday in Brooklyn

Today was supposed to be a lazy day. School starts on Monday, so I, with my genius timing decide to drive to Walmart. Ha! It looked like Black Friday. Everybody and their mom was there. The shelves were empty and people were more rude than ever. Ok - not sure how many people tried to cut me off in line,  because I've been in New York now for four months, so I've learned my lesson. Now, I'm like - not today homie. The lines were so long, even in the 20 items or less line, that they allowed the home and garden cashiers to take on all customers. I immediately go back there, but this lady, her mother and son decide to bring their two carts, FILLED to the brim and in the process held up the home and garden line for twenty minutes. I of course am standing behind them. Ugh! 
I finally attempt to leave the Walmart parking lot and again, people are attempting to cut me off because I have a small car. Well, not today - There was this van, the ones that you can sleep in and he thinks he is going cut me off. So when I did not allow him to cut me off - he beeps his horn. Well, it's not a regular horn sound. It was like a clown car horn sound that played a stupid tune. He kept pressing that thing and I just kept laughing - like really! It's playing a clown song with every beep.

I get back home and my apartment is on the 7th floor. I was relaxing and yes, not unpacking. I mean- don't ask me how many boxes I have stacked against the wall. Don't ask me why I won't unpack them. I can eat, shower, and sleep. Those are the necessities at the moment. Anyway, all of a sudden, I hear music coming from below me. Hmm, it's not so bad. The bass wasn't that loud. I can handle it - even though I could hear the words. I keep reading my e-book. Then I hear louder music on top of the music coming from below - but this music is coming from outside. It was so loud. So I decided to use my phone to see if I could Shazzam the song. (Shazzam is an app that will allow you to identify the music that is playing). You usually have to be close to the music, people have to be quiet, and the song will display and allow you several ways to either hear the song, buy the song or share it using some sort of social media outlet. So, tell me why, I'm on the 7th floor, windows closed and I am able to use Shazzam the song that is playing outside on the ground level. Smh. It was Chris Brown and the song was Beautiful People - the club remix. Well, thanks East Flatbush for introducing me to the neighborhood.  Although, the apartment building is pretty quiet and they stopped playing the music around 10pm. I'm not mad at that. 

Good night! 

Tammy J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment